Intimate partner rape and sexual abuse has a lot of myths; it is widely believe that when in a relationship sexual abuse and rape do not happen as having sex with your partner is expected – and consent is not required.
If you are experiencing any of the following, you could be surviving sexual abuse;
• Expecting you to provide sex on demand
• Coerced into sex
• Being made to feel guilty
• Being pressured into doing sexual acts you don’t feel comfortable with
• Filming or taking photographs of you that you either don’t want to be taken or are unaware of.
• Sexual withholding
• Physical assaults during sexual intercourse
• Sexually degrading language
• Denying reproductive freedom